Support and Resources For Pastors and
Christian Ministry Professionals
Thomas F. Fischer, M.Div., M.S.A., Editor
"Stopping Global Whining"
Epiphany II--Series B
A. A Joy-Impaired Society ("Rise and whine!")--guarding, protecting and defending our Lord; as good as that can be, over-doing it
1. Chronic seriousness
2. Pain, though chronic and real, ultimately ends with, serious daily struggles, to be sure but...
3. After every Good Friday there is an Easter Sunday!
B. A Joy-Infested Society ("Rise and shine!")--sharing, proclaiming and celebrating the faith that is ours in Christ
1. Remembering our Baptism--we are the Lord's in spite of...
2. Encouraging, supporting and affirming others
3. Removing negative experiences in our lives--e.g., the evening news (revise again the negatively revised version of Luke 10:2: "The harvest is plentiful--but the workers are arguing!")
4. Seeking out those who feel God-forsaken--the lonely, sick and hungry
5. Laughing at yourself regularly--taking the Lord very seriously and yourself very lightly ("Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly!")
6. Surrounding yourself with friendly people--beginning with yourself, celebrating joys
7. Watching and learning from children--making mistakes, asking for forgiveness and moving on
Rev. Kelly Bedard, M.Div.
Go to Main Page
Main Site: http://ministryhealth.net/
FrontPage and Microsoft Internet Explorer are registered trademarks of
This page was revised on: Friday, January 20, 2006 12:10:32 PM